WMS Caregiver Grant
The WMS provides grants of up to £500 GBP to assist WMS member delegates who have costs associated with the care of a dependent/s during the congress.
Eligible dependents are defined as the following:
- Children under the age of 16
- Disabled child, parent, spouse, partner or family member for whom the applicant is the primary caregiver
We will be providing a child-friendly room at the congress venue with the congress virtual platform viewable on screens for delegates with children under two years old who will be in attendance. Please note that children are not permitted within the rest of the congress spaces please.
Grant Eligibility and Terms:
- Grant recipients must be WMS members
- Funding will be distributed within one month post congress. Each recipient will complete a WMS reimbursement form (distributed with the award notification e-mail) and submit it with original receipts and supporting documentation to the WMS office at the address noted on the reimbursement form.
- Reimbursement may be requested for eligible expenses up to the maximum amount of the grant. Expenses in excess of the award amount must be borne by the individual recipient. No funds can be distributed prior to the conclusion of the congress, and no funds are distributed on site at the congress.
Eligible expenses include:
- Child or adult care (on-site at the congress location or at home)
- Home-based child or adult care expenses incurred because of congress attendance (funds may not be applied to normal ongoing expenses)
- Personal Care Assistants for congress presenting authors
- Airfare/hotel costs for a caregiver to accompany dependent(s) to the congress location
- Airfare/hotel costs for dependent(s)
- Only one caregiver may apply for a Dependent Care Travel Grant
Expenses not eligible for reimbursement include:
- Tickets to museums and other attractions
- Expenses related to the attendee’s participation in the congress (including congress registration or other expenses the attendee would already be incurring by attending the congress).
WMS Fellowship recipients can apply for a grant by completing and submitting the application form no later than TBC.
There are a limited number of grants which will be awarded, so the WMS may not be able to meet the needs of all applicants. All applicants will be notified no later than TBC.
Applicants with questions can send them via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org